Saturday, February 10, 2007

i'm the milk guy

so the big conclusion to the archiarts costume that I put a total of 7-8 hours into was a really amazing costume (I had several people, including a lot of archis come up to me and tell me this) that said MILK on the front in big black letters. Everyone wanted a picture of me, and a surprising number of men wanted to dance with me... I guess being an inanimate object invites sexual dancing. Some guy tried to untie my shoes while I was dancing on a platform, too. Whatever.

I couldn't ride the shuttle to the party, so I had to ride the lightrail and walk some distance to get there. It was pretty tough, and I only was able to be at archiarts for about an hour and a half, but it was interesting too. People really respect you and stuff when you are wearing a giant (almost 6' tall) milk costume. We got pretty lucky finding it, though - and I owe Daniel a big one for going with me to the party on the lightrail instead of riding the shuttle, which I was a few inches short of fitting on.

All in all, an epic night. I think I made a lot of peoples' nights better, and even though I spent so much time on it and I had to leave it there because it wouldn't fit on the bus (lightrail doesn't run at 2) it was worth it. It's easy to dance when you're totally isolated from the rest of the world, becuase you don't have to worry about social awkwardness. However, it can be lonely too. Such is my life. At least I'm in a lot of pictures. Hopefully I can use my newly-won fame to make our parties next year more sucessful when I am socials coordinator.

Off to bed.

If anyone actually reads this and is disgusted by my diction and syntax, remember that I am exhausted and sober-after-drunk, which isn't great for either diction or syntax.

Peace

No comments: