Friday, January 5, 2007

it's the return of the

aw, wait, he didn't just say what I think he did, did he?

Friday is here, and along with this amazing day come some amazing people. Louie, then Russ and Dan, then Kyle and Leia all got back yesterday and the 90s feels like home again. Lil' Turtle is doing well and looking really healthy (and really comfotable with people, too). Rap music is usually playing from more than one source in the room. And everyone is totally geared up to be back, which says SO MUCH about how much of a family we are, that we would all rather be in the 90s than at home. The party on Friday is going to be off the chain, as per usual. I think it's going to be yet again the first big party of the semester. I'm going to try and DJ for a lot of it, if I can. I'm not going to do much (if any) scratching, because I don't trust it to sound good, but we have a whole bunch of actually decent rap and techno singles that I can play for several hours. Should be bundles of fun.

I love my life. How many people get to have friends this amazing, and parties this fun, and really amazing academics to boot? I don't know if I have bragged about this yet, but I convinced the math department to offer a class just for me - calculus of variations. There is a guest professor that comes every few years, and he didn't have anything to teach this year and I had been clamoring for some calc of variations, so I think my math prof from last semester suggested it to him. That means that I might have to drop abstract algebra which I was excited about because it looked easy but math-y enough to not be at all redundant. If I don't drop it, and drop Psych 101 instead, that means I'll be taking 3 math classes (one 300-level and two 400-level) and quantum physics 2 which is supposed to be impossible as well as a really hard lab course and Chinese 202. That seems pretty daunting... I had such a hard time with Chinese last semester because I never had time to study. I guess I'll keep everything at first and then decide what to drop later.

The tattoo is getting less attention from people than I thought it would, but I am ultra happy with it. It smells kinda weird, though. Also, surprisingly, it hasn't itched or hurt at all, and has not even scabbed up yet (there is one small part that has a scab on it, but for the most part it's really healthy). I am told that it will scab up, but I think the heling process is going really well and I am now far beyond the point where I need to be worrying about infection. Now I have to worry about keeping it moist all the time (I got some hand lotion for it) so it doesn't crack and fade.

No comments: