Monday, January 1, 2007

living alone in the 90s is a challenge

So New Years was a bit of a letdown, but I don't really care. I watched The Empire Strikes Back and then some Dane Cook on HBO, which was a nice quiet way to enter the new year. I am going to enter it with much more volume today... hold on to your hats folks, this one's going to be a winner.

What I'm really writing about today is the difficulty I am having feeding myself. Last night I ate chex mix with chiptle queso dip for dinner, with a carrot and a banana. Today I had a carrot and half a yam for breakfast. I don't think that's going to really sustain me if I am planning on working out a bunch and gaining weight. I won't starve, though; people are coming in to Rice starting tomorrow, and I actually do have a lot of food. I have several cans of dinner type foods, in fact, like beef stew. So that should be dandy. I was disappointed to realize how many of the things that I want to eat require milk - for instance, cereal and (yummy) macaroni and cheese. I was really craving some mac and cheese, but that'll have to wait.

Today's lunch menu: spicy sausage and a banana. And some bread. Luckily these scans that I'm running in lab take so goddamned long to do that I can pretty much start one and go cook and eat lunch with no problem. Let's hope for my sake that I actually get some good data out of them. The good news is that the laser is cooperating...

Since I have been back at Rice, I haven't actually seen anyone except Yu-pu. I was going to hang out with Nathan and Tim last night, but such is the way of being not 21. I have gained a new turntable skill, and am waiting eagerly to show Louie, so my time is not wasted. I really want to actually DJ an entire party sometime. I think that may happen if the 90s people end up being socials coordinators next year, which seems inevitable because we are the only people at Will Rice that have thrown sucessful parties, and we have done so with regularity and energy that has gained notoriety not only at Will Rice but throughout the university in general. Which is nice, because any time we throw a party we are garunteed that many people will show up because they trust that it will be good.

On that note, looking forward to spinning some and doing some crazy shit on the 7th hopefully, the day before classes start. That's when everyone gets back, so we'll have the only party on campus and hopefully people will appreciate that and not go to bed before school the next day.

Finally, I want to say fuck you to all those people that think that the 90s are a bunch of no-good irresponsible hoodlums. We all got great grades in hard classes this year (Kyle is proud as hell too), which goes to show that partying to excess when working to excess is healthy and a good way to ensure sucess in academics. Ha.

No comments: