Wednesday, January 24, 2007

still buzzed over how cool the party was two weeks ago...

so many people know me now because they went to my party. It's so much easier to meet people now. Dj Humble represent.

Only 9 weeks until beer bike. I have been running stairs pretty much exclusively, because I can't really run distances and it's way too cold and wet to bike. I think I'm getting a whole lot out of it, though, because I started out running the stairs once, then I went to doing it twice but it took me about 30 minutes to recover after, now it takes me about 10 minutes. Now I need to work on doing it faster and faster, and all of that muscle and stamina should translate to biking (I hope). This year should or could be our golden year, so hopefully I can start strong and keep going strong all year. First time trial Thursday, I'm shooting for 2:25.

The semester is incredibly hard. I work every night on one of my three math classes or my physics class, or I catch up on Chinese that I've forgotten to do because I was doing math. I am already substantially better at thinking about math, though. I have a really adaptive mind, in that I am good at adjusting my thinking style to whatever suits the subject I am studing. So taking more math than I have ever before (by far) and doing a lot of proof-based and abstract stuff has really developed parts of my intellect that weren't being used for physics, and as a result I am a little better at everything. I love learning. On the other hand, I am swamped and I hate that. Also I am doing nothing but math and physics now, so I am really losing a little bit of my touch on reality. I have to make up for it by having a badass tattoo and drinking more than any of the other physics majors. HA.

Off to do some Chinese.

No comments: